As you may recall, I thought I had lost my Golden Graham cereal forever and then was able to find it in the grocery store (What an emotional rollercoaster!) I put my box to good use and made the Golden Graham S'mores recipe. We loved it. (I loved a whole lot of it.) And the staff was beaming when they came home from a long day of nature camp and were greeted by a glass of cold milk and s'mores. ("Wow Mom, you're the best! Hey, who ate half the pan already?")
I had to see if my faux fire idea would work -- that is attaching tissue paper to a fan. I'm all about theater and I made this nifty video on some software I found on my computer.
I'm not willing to admit defeat. The staff is not deeming it a true success. And Mr. Party MOMster is just a little worried.
Finally, I couldn't finish our camp discussion without giving a nod to one of my favorite movies, a tour de force in the summer camp genre: Meatballs
That's it for my foolin' around (for now).
Scary bear in the S'mores picture!!
ReplyDeleteI am wiping the tears from my eyes as the opening song to Meatballs ends. Kudos to you for such a great movie reference. Someday our kids will appreciate it too!
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased to hear some love for the movie. I haven't seen it in awhile. I just searched and Meatballs II is on Comedy Central next week, which is the equilavent of The Godfather III as far as I'm concerned. I am declaring a "Meatballs watch" -- if it comes on TV please alert me.
ReplyDeleteOh, and the bear was keeping watch on my s'more, so no one else would eat it. Kind of a "Leggo my Eggo" -- touch my s'more and this bear will maul you.
ReplyDeleteThat s'more has my eye and I can't get past it. I want it. Good thing the bear is watching it for you.
ReplyDeleteI am going to have to try the s'more recipe. I just love the real thing and this looks just as delicious. Printing the recipe now!
ReplyDelete