I've heard all about this blogging thing and wanted in. But, what would I write about? Well, maybe it's my impending Birthday in two weeks! Or a recent discussion with my husband, about what I'm good at -- "You are great at throwing Birthday Parties for the kids." Birthday Parties it is!
I do love Birthday Parties. And it is soooooo not about the gifts. I would love to cut that out of the tradition all together. I just love the permission a Birthday gives you to escape the everyday and do things you wouldn't normally do. And just be over-the-top in making someone feel special. Which is why, my celebrations know no boundaries. I get just as silly and out of hand for my kids, my husband, my parents or anyone that I happen to be in contact with on their special day.
So, I see this Blog as an opportunity to share my love of Birthday celebrations and be inspired by others as well. I'd love to hear what others have tried. I'm on a personal crusade to enhance the celebration and cut back on the gift element. I would love to have a charity aspect to my next kid's party -- not to go all Mommy Dearest and donate their gifts, but I know there is an opportunity there. We'll discuss that further in a seperate post.
So, let's get this party started!
No comments:
Post a Comment